Electric Ovens last updated: August 2017
In order to be featured on Topten, ovens must comply with EU Energy labelling regulation No 65/2014 as well as with the following Topten criteria:
- Energy Efficiency Index rating of EEI < 82 (corresponding to an A+ rating)
- Energy consumption per cycle for fan heating of < 0.70 kWh
- Energy consumption per cycle for convection heating of < 0.90 kWh
- Models with a pyrolytic cleaning feature are not eligible
Ecodesign minimum rating
The current minimum energy rating of an electric oven that can be placed on the market is the B class.
Best available technology
The most efficient electric ovens currently on the market achieve the A++ class.
Inefficient model selection
The 'inefficient model' selection represents an un-named model in a lower energy class to demonstrate the energy and cost savings possible from upgrading to a more efficient model.
Brand and Model. A click on the column of a product shows the detailed view.
Volume (l). Usable volume of the cavity in litres (l).
Energy class. Energy efficiency class according to the EU Energy Label (regulation No. 65/2014). The classification scale is based on the EEI. For class A+ an EEI below 82 is required.
Energy (kWh). Energy consumption per cycle in kWh/cycle for both heating functions (if available):
- Fan-forced convection
EEI. Energy Efficiency Index (EEI) according to the Energy Labelling regulation No 65/2014. More efficient ovens have a lower EEI. The EEI calculation is based on the energy consumption of a cycle in conventional mode or with fan-forced convection, whichever the lower, and the cavity volume.
Standards and Labels
- Energy Labelling regulation No. 65/2014 for domestic ovens and range hoods.
- Ecodesign regulation No. 66/2014 for domestic ovens, hobs and range hoods.
- Consumer's guide to energy efficient ovens by the European Commission.
- Measures by the European Commission regarding energy efficient product.
- Coolproducts informs about the EU ecodesign process. It is a coalition of NGOs' campaign for a stronger, fast Ecodesign Directive to save the climate and money.